The Orissa Agro Industries Corporation Limited was incorporated on 17.12.1968 as a Government Company with equity participation from the Central Government and Government of Orissa. This corporation is under the administrative control of Agri culture department in Govt. of Orissa and engaged in executing different schemes/ programmes of different departments of the state like Agriculture, Water Resources, Forest and Environment, Rural Development, Iindustries, Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Caste development, Panchayati Raj, Fisheries and Animal Resources Development etc. This Corporation is engaged in carrying out different activities with the following Objectives.
- Distribution of Agricultural Machinaries, Improved Implements and Tools.
- Enabling persons engaged in agricultural and allied pursuits to own the means of modernizing their operations of alternatively making available necessary custom services for this purpose and to promote Farm Mechanisation in the state of Orissa
- Undertaking and assisting in the efficient distribution of inputs like chemical fertiliser, bio fertiliser and organic mauers etc.
- Promotion and execution of industries having a bearing of production, preservation and supply of food.
- Providing technical guidance to farmers and persons concerned with Agro industries with a view to enabling efficient conduct of their enterprises.
- Providing irrigation potentiality to the farmers by exploring ground water and surface water through energisation of shallow tubewell, deep borewell, dugwell, pumpsets, surface lift project, sprinkler and direct lift projects.
- Manufacturing and marketing of bio fertiliser and feed for cattle, poultry, duck, deer, pig etc.